Use our favorite resources to build and grow a business. Check back often for updates!
Tools to Build Your Audience
Building an audience is vital for success. Developing these resources will help you gather an audience of fans:
- A strong website
- An active email list
- Active social media accounts
An interactive and easy to use website is key for helping you grow your detailing business.
When you use your own domain (like diyautodetailing.com), you need a host to store your website files.
- Bluehost website hosting:Bluehost is affordable, secure, and easy to use
Wordpress is the current #1 website publishing platform. There are tons of free and paid templates available, and endless amounts of customization.
- WordPress: Downloads for the WordPress installation, templates, and help
- Themeforest: Stylish premium WordPress templates
Looking for a DIY alternative to WordPress? Try these solutions:
- SquareSpace: Mobile-optimized websites and hosting in one
Building a website can feel overwhelming, but fear not, help is available…and it doesn’t have to break the bank!
- Elance: An online marketplace that connects you with web developers
- oDesk: Another outsource marketplace for hiring web developers and administrative professionals
Email Mailing List Tools
Email lists are a useful tool for letting your favorite customers know about exciting news in your business. They can also be used for specials to subscribers only.
- MailChimp: One of our favorite broadcast email service provider
- AWeber: Another favorite broadcast email service provider
- OptinSkin: A tool to help you easily embed email opt-in forms onto your website
Social Media Tools
Scheduling Facebook, Twitter, and Other Social Posts
Scheduling posts in advance is a great multi-tasking tool. You can schedule your social media posts throughout the day without needing to interrupt your detailing.
Other Social Tools
These tools help you tailor your social content to better serve your potential clients.
Tools to Help Run Your Business
Managing your small business tasks can be difficult—especially when you are away from your office all day. These are a few of our favorite tools to keep organized.
Keep your inventory lists, schedules, and auto detailing checklists hosted in the cloud—they are automatically backed up keeping you safe from computer backup related issues.
File Syncing Tools
- Dropbox: Sync files between all your computers and mobile devices. Even share with colleagues!
- Box: A Dropbox alternative
- Google Drive: Create and store documents, including spreadsheets, word processing, and presentations completely online
Mobile Payment Services
Cash is slowly becoming extinct. Here are some solutions for accepting credit payments while mobile.
On the Go
In addition to these solutions, check with your individual commercial banker to see if your bank offers any competing solutions.